Tuesday 17 November 2009

inspiration


Susan Sontag


I have just read a book on photography by Susan Sontag as part of my research for my essay. I loved her book, she examines a wide range of problems, both aesthetic and moral raised by the presence and authority of the photographed image in the lives of everyone today.

I love the way she describes the result of a photographic enterprise. "To give us the sense that we can hold the whole world in our heads as an anthology of images."

large numbers of people travel out of there environment everyday, for short periods of time. It seems positively unnatural to travel for pleasure without taking a camera. I love travelling everywhere. Everything I see and do feeds my visual intelligence, and inspires me in many ways, so I always have my camera at the ready. With the click of a shutter I feel satisfied that I have captured a memory of that pacific time or place. I love taking and collecting photographs, to me they are having an interest in in things as they are, and converting an experience into an image or a souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment