Tuesday 5 January 2010

capturing silence


From my walks I began to think about how I would capture the silence of an empty space. I thought about how I could capture silence of the field. When I was thinking about emptiness, I thought about an empty page, a blank canvas. 


I placed pieces of blank A4 paper around the field. I was hoping to capture the silence of this space by using natural elements like the weather for example.






Below I have placed one next to some original graffiti, I feel that the combination between something that has purposely been put there, and something that's happened naturally will look interesting.


RESULTS


The pieces which I had put up on the trees and all fallen down........or had some one taken them down? As you can see the remainders are wet. The one on the wall has patches of wetness and also has collected some dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment